How are your revenue numbers so far this year? While the fourth quarter is fast approaching, there’s still time to meet your 2019 goals. Here are six tips we often share with clients for revving up revenue with acquisition email campaigns:
- Feed your funnel: When it comes to feeding the sales funnel, most businesses likely need or want a boost this time of year. And many don’t have a database with enough customers to cross-sell or enough prospects to convert in order to reach their desired revenue figures. The solution is to augment your list with acquired prospects who are similar to your existing customers. (Read our recent post on audience mirroring.)
- Just say no to inaccurate data: Invalid or out-of-date email data can have a negative effect on your time and money; IBM estimates that the annual cost of poor data quality is $3.1 trillion (!) in the U.S. alone. Worse, poor data quality can land you on spam blacklists, blocking your company from emailing at all. That kind of interruption would not only block revenue streams but also communications with your existing customers. As you evaluate third-party data providers to feed your funnel, look for a firm that guarantees 95% email validity for 30 days.
- Segment for success: Through years of guiding our clients to grow their businesses, our customers have come to appreciate the crucial role we play in identifying the right audiences to target for successful customer acquisition email campaigns. It takes a segmented approach to create valuable additions to the front (or top) of the sales funnels. You can segment by common traits, from broad to very granular including by demographics (age, gender, income level, geographic location, etc.); by their stage in the sales cycle; by engagement with your previous campaigns; or by surveying your prospects to identify interests, preferences – just to name a few.
- Build an automated marketing workflow: You don’t want to tackle your need for new revenue with out-of-date, manual processes that require you to reinvent the wheel each time you send out a campaign. To have a sustainable and successful email acquisition program, you need the well-oiled machine of automation. Automation enables you to create a repeatable marketing workflow that will work for you 24X7 to reach your prospects at the ideal time and route responses to the right location for accelerated response or management.
- Leverage experts: You don’t need to be a data science professional or geek programmer to set all this up – you always have the option to leave that to skilled, experienced outside experts. For example, OMI does all the heavy lifting for our clients: we combine accurate prospect contact data with best practice marketing automation technologies to generate a strong sales pipeline of qualified leads for both B2B and B2C clients. We also partner with Act-On and other firms for marketing automation software that enables sales and marketing teams to increase and convert leads faster and more efficiently throughout the customer lifecycle.
- Consider your entire tech stack: Successful email marketing requires tight integration with your other marketing and business technology systems to create synergy across the customer experience and a unified brand presence. At OMI, for example, we offer turnkey services for integrating our email data with our clients’ social and display advertising campaigns, as well as customer relationship management (CRM) systems. When systems are integrated and working together, marketing campaigns fire on all cylinders, delivering optimal results.
Time flies and 2020 will be here before you know it. If you’re tasked with growing your company revenues this year, quality customer acquisition data can be crucial to getting you where you want to be. Don’t wait! Let us know how we can support you in reaching your goals this year and beyond.
Outward Media’s proven data cleansing services and targeted, accurate email data can enable you to achieve better email marketing ROI and, ultimately, convert more prospects into customers. Take a look at our case studies to find out more.