Blog post By Paula Chiocchi on 2019-07-03
This is an update to a previous post on the same topic.
Acquisition email campaigns remain one of the most popular and effective ways to drive business growth. They can fast track your ability to find your ideal prospects, offering high ROI and proven results. But the practice of email marketing is evolving quickly. That’s why it’s important to take a fresh look at what goes into creating successful acquisition campaigns in today’s changing business landscape.
Here are seven essential ways we use acquisition email data at OMI to assist our clients in meeting their business growth goals:
- Think quality over quantity: When it comes to email data, marketers should focus on data quality, not quantity. Through years of guiding our clients to grow their businesses, our customers have come to appreciate the crucial role we play in identifying the right audiences to target for successful customer acquisition email campaigns. With our proven segmented approach and high-quality email data, we ensure our clients deliver quality additions to the front (or top) of the sales funnel.
- Avoid bad data at all costs: Using bad or out-of-date email data can put your business at risk, not to mention lead to lost time and money. IBM estimates that the annual cost of poor data quality is $3.1 trillion (!) in the U.S. alone. Worse, poor data quality can land your company on spam black lists, blocking your business from emailing at all. An interruption like that will not only impact revenue streams, but also keep you from communicating effectively with existing customers. To instill and earn our clients’ trust, OMI pioneered the industry’s first data validity guarantee: we guarantee 95% accuracy of our acquisition email data upon delivery for 30 days.
- Develop an audience as a strategic business asset: Taking a strategic approach to establishing and developing an audience as a business asset – including identifying it, enriching it, scaling it and optimizing it over time – will empower marketers to deliver significant returns on their investment. At OMI, our business is built around doing just that. We serve as trusted, virtual audience strategists for our clients, enabling them to expand their market reach, increase qualified leads and drive incremental revenue.
- Keep revenue front and center: While it’s important for marketers to track open and click-through rates for email campaign success, they should never lose sight of the most important metric: revenue. Furthermore, marketing executives need to be able to demonstrate and clearly communicate to other non-marketing executives within their companies how their email marketing efforts support and impact the bottom line.
- Think across your marketing stack: Successful acquisition email campaigns require tight integration with your other marketing and business technology systems. To support this, OMI offers turnkey services for integrating email data with clients’ social and display advertising campaigns. In addition, we can integrate our prospect/acquisition data with leading customer relationship management (CRM) systems such as Salesforce. When systems are integrated and working together, marketing campaigns fire on all cylinders and more powerful results are achieved.
- Work on building relationships: Successful marketing today involves establishing trust and building relationships with your prospects until (and after) they become customers. This approach can be counter to, say, pay-per-click (PPC) advertising, where the prospect can disappear off your sales dashboard after a single click. Acquisition email marketing enables marketers to attract and nurture prospects over the long term; guiding them through the sales funnel until they become paying customers.
- Create integrated campaigns: B2B email campaigns integrated with display advertising is a powerful combination that is gaining momentum. These two channels offer a successful one-two punch, sparking a prospect’s interest with an email message and then following up with a targeted, relevant display ad. By working together with our clients’ advertising agencies, this is a proven combination that OMI is delivering today.
Marketers need to “always be delivering” when it comes to driving business growth. Email acquisition campaigns offer a proven method for gathering new customers and expanding revenue – a method that is simply too valuable to ignore. The challenge is taking the right approach, and that begins with using the highest quality of data.
Outward Media’s proven data cleansing services and targeted, accurate email data can enable you to achieve better email marketing ROI and, ultimately, convert more prospects into customers. Take a look at our case studies to find out more.